The rich taste of pancetta … a sweet taste of peas … a hint of mint
Pea and Pancetta Salad
Number of Servings: 4
1 ½ – 2 cups (375-500 mL) fresh or frozen peas, minimally cooked, cooled
4 oz (112 grams) diced pancetta or bacon, cooked, and cooled
1 cup (250 mL) snow peas, left whole, or halved (diagonally)
1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced mushrooms
¼ cup (60 mL) red onion, thinly sliced or finely chopped
1/3 cup (85 mL) chopped fresh mint
2 tablespoons (30 mL) chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
½ cup (125 mL) feta cheese, in small cubes, or crumbled
1 ½ tablespoons (25 mL) fresh lemon juice
½ tablespoon (7 mL) Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons (10 mL) maple syrup or honey
¼ cup (60 mL) extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt; freshly ground black pepper
- Have peas and pancetta prepared.
- In a salad bowl, combine peas, snow peas, pancetta pieces, mushrooms, red onion, mint and parsley.
- In small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, mustard, and maple syrup. Slowly drizzle in olive oil and whisk until thick and creamy. Season to taste.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad and fold in to thoroughly coat everything.
- Sprinkle feta over top.
- Either fold in the arugula greens, or place a serving of salad on a bed of arugula greens.
Questions and comments are always welcome firstname.lastname@example.org