The fragrance of fresh lemons and the bouquet of flavourful herbs come together for a refreshing and satisfying experience…
A lunch worth the anticipation…
Lemon Couscous Salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 8-10 minutes
Number of Servings: 4
1 cup (250 mL) Israeli couscous
1/3 of an English cucumber, diced
¼ cup (60 mL) chopped green onions
1-2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
¼ cup (60 mL) chopped fresh herbs such as dill, flat-leaf parsley, or cilantro
1 teaspoon (5 mL) Dijon mustard
1 ½ tablespoons (25 mL) fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon (5 mL) honey
1 teaspoon (5 mL) lemon zest
3 tablespoons (45 mL) olive oil
Kosher or Sea salt; Freshly ground black pepper or lemon pepper
Garnish: Lemon zest; chopped fresh herbs
- In a medium saucepan, bring 5-6 cups of water to a rolling boil; add a generous portion of salt. Add couscous and cook until tender – 8-10 minutes (or as directed on the package). Drain cooked couscous and give it a quick rinse of cold water; place in a large salad bowl.
- While the couscous is cooking, prepare vinaigrette: Whisk together the Dijon mustard, lemon juice, honey, and lemon zest; slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour vinaigrette over the warm couscous and mix well. Refrigerate until well-chilled.
- Just before serving, stir in cucumber, green onions, celery, and fresh herbs.
- Adjust seasonings to taste. Garnish with some lemon zest and fresh herbs.
Questions and comments are always welcome email@example.com