Aromatic dill and the intense flavour of smoked salmon provide the perfect backdrop for the potatoes and cucumber. Simply delicious!
Smoked Salmon, Cucumber and Potato Salad
Number of Servings: 4
1 pound (450-500 g) new potatoes, or fingerlings, sliced into ¼ inch rounds
2-3 mini English cucumbers, sliced into ¼ inch rounds
150 grams (4-5 ounces) smoked salmon, cut into ½ inch pieces
¼ of a red onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons (30 mL) chopped fresh flat-leaf parsely
¼ cup (60 mL) loosely packed fresh dill, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons (30 mL) white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon (5 mL) granulated sugar
4 tablespoons (60 mL) vegetable or grapeseed oil
1 teaspoon (5 mL) finely chopped dill
Sea salt; freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare vinaigrette by combining vinegar and sugar in a small bowl. Stir well to ensure the sugar has dissolved. Whisk in oil. Add dill and seasonings. Set aside.
- Prepare potatoes: Over simmering water, steam potato rounds with a sprig of fresh dill and a sprinkle of salt, until the potatoes are very tender 10-15 minutes.
- When potatoes are tender, drain thoroughly and place in a large bowl. Add about half of the vinaigrette to the potatoes while they are still warm. Set aside (or in the fridge) to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare cucumber rounds by placing them in a bowl with ½ teaspoon of salt. Let stand for at least 15 minutes, and then drain thoroughly. Gently press down on the cucumber slices in the strainer to extract as much liquid as possible.
- When potatoes are cool, add the cucumbers, smoked salmon, and red onion. Add the remaining vinaigrette and thoroughly incorporate. Just before serving, fold in the fresh parsley and dill.
Questions and Comments are always welcome email@example.com