Thai Rice Noodles, Bean Sprouts, Carrots, Cucumbers
Lime & Thai Chili Vinaigrette
A Simple and Fresh salad
Thai Noodle Salad
Number of Servings: 4
10 ounces (300 g) fresh prawns, peeled, deveined, tails left on
Fresh lime juice
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 ounces (120 grams) Thai Rice Stick noodles
1 cup (250 mL) of shredded carrots (about 2 carrots)
½ cup (125 mL) thinly sliced celery
1/3 cup (85 mL) chopped green onions
½ of an English cucumber, unpeeled, halved horizontally, seeded, and thinly sliced
1 cup (250 mL) fresh bean sprouts
1/3 cup (85 mL) fresh chopped cilantro
Lime & Red Thai Chili Vinaigrette:
Juice from 2 fresh limes (about 2 tablespoons)
Zest from 1 lime (about 1 tablespoon)
1 tablespoon (15 mL) granulated sugar
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 red Thai chili pepper, minced (include as many seeds as you can handle!)
1 tablespoon (15 mL) fish sauce
2 tablespoons (30 mL) roasted sesame oil
3 tablespoons (45 mL) vegetable or grapeseed oil
Sea salt; freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare and cook prawns: Heat a little olive oil in a sauté pan. Add prawns and sauté on both sides – 2 or 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan to cool. Drizzle with a little lime juice, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Prepare Thai Rice noodles: Soak noodles in cold water for 8-10 minutes. Drain. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add a tablespoon or two of salt; cook noodles for 1-2 minutes (or as package directs); drain, and give them a quick rinse in cold water. Put noodles in a large salad bowl; Drizzle with a little sesame oil to keep the noodles from sticking.
- Prepare vinaigrette: In a small bowl, combine lime juice, zest, sugar, garlic, chili pepper, and fish sauce. Whisk in both oils. Season to taste.
- Add the shredded carrots, celery, green onions, and cucumber to the cooled noodles. Gently mix to combine. Stir in cooled prawns.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad and mix together. Just before serving, fold in bean sprouts and cilantro.
Questions and Comments are always welcome firstname.lastname@example.org