The perfect salad to mark the 50th Salad in the 100 Day Project
Beautiful ribbons of zucchini, rainbow carrots, cucumber, and parmesan cheese
Number of Servings: 4
½ of an English cucumber
2-3 medium carrots, preferably the ‘rainbow’ variety
2-3 handfuls of bibb, butter, or baby romaine lettuce
¼ cup (60 mL) chopped green onions
Ribbons of fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Lemon Parmesan Vinaigrette:
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon (5 L) Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
a drizzle of honey
3 tablespoons (45 mL) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1 tablespoon (15 mL) finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
3-4 tablespoons (45-60 mL) extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt; freshly ground pepper, or lemon pepper
- Prepare ribbons: With a vegetable peeler, peel ‘ribbons’ of zucchini, cucumber, and carrots. Coil each ribbon into a spiral.
- Make vinaigrette: In a small bowl, combine minced garlic, mustard, lemon juice, honey, and parmesan cheese. Drizzle in olive oil and whisk until vinaigrette is thick and creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place choice of lettuce on individual salad plates. Sprinkle with some chopped green onions.
- Decoratively arrange an assortment of ‘ribboned’ vegetables on the lettuce. Add the ribbons of parmesan. Serve the dressing on the side.
- Alternatively, ribbons can be placed in a large bowl and tossed with the vinaigrette and piled onto each place.
Questions and comments are always welcome firstname.lastname@example.org