If you like Minestrone Soup, you will love this salad …
Number of Servings: 4
1 tablespoon (15 mL) red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons (30 mL) white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon (5 mL) Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon (15 mL) grated parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon (2.5 mL) dried oregano, or 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
1/3 cup (85 mL) extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt; freshly ground black pepper
1 cup (250 mL) dry short-cut pasta (fusilli, ditalini, gemeli)
2 small carrots, diced
1 cup (250 mL) green beans, cut into 1-inch lengths
1 can (398 mL/ 14 fl oz) cannellini, navy, or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup (250 mL) chopped fresh tomatoes (cherry, grape, or Campari)
1 stalk of celery, thinly sliced, or diced
¼ cup (60 mL) finely chopped red onion
2 tablespoons (30 mL) chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Garnish with shaved parmesan cheese
- In a large salad bowl, mix the vinegars, garlic, mustard, parmesan cheese and oregano. Slowly drizzle in olive oil. Whisk until dressing is thick. Season to taste.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water for 7-8 minutes (to al dente stage). Drain the pasta and give them a quick rinse in cold water. Add the warm pasta to dressing in the large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Cook carrots and green beans until tender crisp. Add warm vegetables to the pasta.
- Add the drained beans to the pasta and refrigerate until well chilled (1 hour).
- Just before serving, add the remaining ingredients; Mix well to combine. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Garnish with shaved parmesan cheese.
Questions and comments are always welcome email@example.com