Prawns paired with fresh lemon and dill …what a harmonious trio!
Prawns and Lemon Orzo Salad
Number of Servings: 4
½ cup (125 mL) uncooked orzo pasta
Zest and juice from ½ of a fresh lemon
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon (15 mL) olive oil
1/3 of an English cucumber, thinly sliced
10 ounces (250 g) cooked and cooled prawns
Fresh spinach or mesclun mix
4 tablespoons (60 mL) plain Greek yogurt
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon (15 mL) fresh chopped dill
1 teaspoon (5 mL) white wine vinegar
2 teaspoons (10 mL) mayonnaise
2 tablespoons (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt; freshly ground black pepper
Garnish: Fresh dill
- Bring a pot of water to a boil; add a generous amount of salt; add orzo and cook for 8 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, give it a quick rinse with cold water, and place in a shallow bowl.
- Immediately, add the lemon rind, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil to the warm orzo. Mix together and allow to come to room temperature, or cool completely in the fridge.
- Make dressing: In a small bowl, combine yogurt, garlic, dill, vinegar, mayonnaise, and olive oil. Thoroughly combine; season to taste.
- Just before serving, fold prawns and cucumber slices into the orzo; Gently stir in 1 or 2 tablespoons of the dressing (or stir in more). Adjust seasonings, if necessary.
- Serve on a bed of spinach or mesclun; garnish generously with dill. Serve the extra dressing on the side.
Questions and comments are always welcome email@example.com