Cool, refreshing …definitely a Classic
Classic Cucumber Salad
Number of Servings: 4
1 large English cucumber, unpeeled, very thinly sliced
¼ cup (60 mL) finely chopped green onions or chives
1 tablespoon (15 mL) chopped fresh dill
2 tablespoons (30 mL) granulated sugar
3 tablespoons (45 mL) white balsamic or white wine vinegar
1/3 cup (85 mL) water
½ teaspoon (2.5 mL) Kosher or sea salt
¼ teaspoon (1/5 mL) freshly ground white pepper
- Prepare cucumbers and place in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat sugar, vinegar, water, salt, and pepper until just simmering, and ensuring that the sugar and salt are completely dissolved.
- Immediately pour over sliced cucumbers and let sit at room temperature for about ½ hour, stirring often.
- Refrigerate for several hours, or until well-chilled.
- At serving time, stir in green onions and dill. Use a slotted spoon to scoop out the individual portions.