Prawns, lemon, and dill work in harmony in this salad.
Prawns and Lemon Orzo Salad
½ cup (125 mL) uncooked orzo pasta
Zest and juice from ½ of a fresh lemon
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon (15 mL) olive oil
⅓ of an English cucumber, thinly sliced
10 ounces (250 g) cooked and cooled prawns
¼ cup (60 mL) plain Greek yogurt
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon (15 mL) finely chopped fresh dill
1 teaspoon (5 mL) white wine vinegar
2 teaspoons (10 mL) mayonnaise
2 tablespoons (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Garnish: fresh dill
- Prepare orzo: Bring a pot of water to a boil; add a generous amount of salt; add orzo and cook for 8 minutes, or until tender. Using a sieve, drain orzo and give it a quick rinse under cold water; place in a shallow bowl.
- Immediately add lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil. Mix together and allow it to come to room temperature, or cool completely in the refrigerator.
- Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, combine yogurt, garlic, dill, vinegar, mayonnaise, and olive oil. Thoroughly combine; adjust seasoning to taste.
- Just before serving, fold prawns and cucumber slices into the orzo. Gently stir in 1 or 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Adjust seasonings, if necessary.
- Serve on a bed of mixed greens; generously garnish with dill. Serve the extra dressing on the side.